Wednesday 23 December 2009

It's the start of something exciting

Well at least I have high hopes. I've gone through a real transition over the last couple of years. I was one of those people who never ever, and I mean ever, wanted children. Then something funny happened. I met my husband. He offered me trust, love and security, something I'd never had in a relationship before. And so it happened, I could actually think about having children. The others that came before him had never given me that combination of things that let me even consider having a baby.

Another thing that made me rethink my position about children was that my career was also not giving me the same sense of satisfaction it used to either. So I headed off travelling in November 2006, thinking I needed to find out what business I wanted to start. And came back instead wanting a baby.

It's taken Simon a while to warm up to the idea and he's still very nervous about it. But hey - so am I. But I'm confident it's going to be the biggest and best adventure we'll have ever had together.

No comments:

Post a Comment