Friday 5 February 2010

Life through an 8 year olds eyes

Heading home to see my Dad after his knee operation, it was as if my Mum had saved up all her funny stories about my nephew James. He does make us laugh.

First there was his friend at school whose parents hadn't yet named their new baby. When Mum asked James about this again he said, "Nana, she's still called Cryalot."

Now he has a baby sister he clearly thinks the cat deserves the same treatment as her at bed time. So he dutifully covers the cat up on the sofa with a blanket leaving just it's head poking out. But the best bit is the cat actually lets him do this!

Next Nana had the radio playing and YMCA came on. So she's teaching James how to do the moves and he goes home and shows his Mum. The next day Nana asks him what his Mum thought about his dancing, to which he declared, "Mum says Uncle Jay and Uncle Scott live together at the YMCA."

At this point in the conversation there was no stopping the tears of laughter as they rolled down my face.

Then she topped it off by tell reminding me that children often say what they see. Apparently her neighbour still laughs about the time I asked why her house was so messy and suggested she clean it. Sadly her husband had just passed away so I'm sure Mum made her smile with these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment