Monday 18 January 2010

I've got a good feeling about this....

It’s been a tough start to the year. I’ve had laryngitis for a month, my Dad had his knee replaced, Simon’s Gran died, my neighbour died, the boiler in my flat died, the heating in our house died, the list goes on.... And I turned up at my friends house at the weekend to find she has a cupboard in her lounge made out of an upturned coffin. Anyway - through all of it I feel really positive that this year’s going to be great.

I have decided to leave my job and start my own business or should I say businesses. I feel massively empowered and full of energy. Now while this may seem foolish given that I am also trying for a baby, I figured that the baby making could take years so why wait.

I also think working for myself and not having to commute for 3 hours a day will help with my chances of getting pregnant, from both a health point of view but also having the time to spend with Simon. To be frank, leaving the house at 6.30am every morning and returning at 8.30pm then having to go to bed at 10pm just to get enough sleep to keep going is not conducive to starting a family!

Also if I can get my business ideas off the ground before having a baby, then I can keep them going after the baby arrives as they are geared more towards me working locally.

I experienced my first ever pregnancy test this week in hospital. Due to this lingering laryngitis, I needed x-rays of my chest and sinus so the nurse wandered in and asked if I might be pregnant. As there was a chance, I was shown to the toilet and asked to pee on the stick. Now given that I hadn’t had anything to drink since 11pm the night before, it’s now 10.30am the next day and I had already been to the loo twice that morning, it took a while to get going.

The result was negative. How utterly disappointing. While it was my first test, I hope it will be my last because it was miserable having to sit there and see the negative result. If I'm going to find out I'm pregnant, I just want to wait and see if my period doesn’t come and find out that way.

To add insult to injury I had to drink something called barium swallow which was like drinking white paint. I was then told it would turn my poo white for the next couple of days and make me constipated. Delightful - just delightful.

But there was an upside to the week and they say good news comes in 3's. My friend Fiona had her second baby Toby who is just gorgeous. I spent a lovely weekend with the girls and Naomi didn't give birth while she was with us. Thank goodness. And finally I received a call from Charina saying she was 3 months pregnant with her next child. Hooray!

I'm amassing quite a large set of pictures on the fridge door now of various friends and families children. I just hope to add my own baby to the fridge door soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment