Sunday 3 January 2010

A child's logic

I love Christmas. It's brilliant. I get to spend time with my nephew and niece. It's also a time when James inevitably shares some more of his wonderful logic and perceptions of the world with me.

For example, I went to collect him from a friends house in my new red coat. I love this coat. My husband very kindly bought it for me as a present at the start of the winter and I wear it on days when I'm feeling confident about myself.

I turned up and got a huge hug from him, although it's apparently becoming less cool for him to be seen doing this now. My Mum tells me he no longer hugs her when she's picking him up from school as he is nearly 8 now.

Anyway, after a couple of minutes we leave and head to the car and he turns to me and asks "Why are you wearing your dressing gown?". I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. Hilarious!

So I take him to my Mum's where he persuades her to play on the DS with her while I start tea. A short while later he comes into the kitchen with my Mum's glasses, takes a piece of kitchen roll and proceeds to clean them. I thought nothing of it but a while later, he came in and did the same thing again. When I asked him why he was cleaning his Nana's glasses he explained that he thought she might play better if she could see better!

Only a child's logic.

1 comment:

  1. Children come out with the most wonderful things! I'm sorry, but I did have a good laugh, perhaps at your expense. I'm not surprised you enjoyed seeing your family, such precious memories.

    Best wishes for a wonderful year, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete